Among other things, I am a business coach. I specialize in home-based businesses and direct sales. I help entrepreneurs and business owners become aware of what they want in their business, what they need to do to get it, and what could possibly keep them from getting there. And then, of course, how to overcome those obstacles.
I have found over the past 10 years that most small business owners think they are doing more for their business than they actually are.
Many are stay-at-home moms who in between phone calls and data entry are cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the baby. So 3 small business activities turn into an 8 hour day. Then she feels like she worked 8 hours but only made $20. After 6 months of “full time” biz building and a total paycheck of $100 a week, she gets frustrated and quits saying she’s working all the time and not making any money to show for it.
Another issue I see often is that the biz owner is “wishy-washy” about the service or product they are offering. Like they aren’t quite convinced that this is really a business…maybe more of a hobby…hmmm…”I’ll decide after I start making money”.
It doesn’t work that way. To make money from a business, you have to treat it like a business, 100% of the time. That is the only way a business works.
I like to ask a lot of questions and listen to the answers. This not only lets me learn about my client and what they want, but it also helps them learn about themselves.
The following is an assessment you can take yourself to see how you are treating your business right now.
If your business isn’t where you want it to be, the answer to these questions may give you some insight as to the reasons. Are you truly 100% invested and committed to what you spend over half your waking hours on?
Ask yourself the following questions…
1. Do I get on all training conference calls and webinars for my business or industry?
2. Do I have a weekly coaching call with a business or life coach?
3. Do I have my business name in my voicemail?
4. Do I have my business, email, website, etc. on my email signature?
5. Do I have my company name, email, website, phone, etc. on my car?
6. Do I wear or carry something with my logo or business every day?
7. Do I personally use all the products and services I offer?
8. Do I attend local meetings and networking events to share my business?
9. Do I participate in social media and other online interactions for my business/industry?
10. Do I tell everyone I meet about my business?
11. Do I talk about how much I love my business every single day?
12. Do I carry business cards, catalogs, literature, flyers, etc. everywhere I go?
13. Do I attend every conference and convention in my business/industry?
14. Do I get info to stay in contact with every new person I meet?
15. Do I read all my business/industry books and magazines cover to cover?
16. Do I read from personal growth and development books every single day?
17. Do I have 100% belief in my business or company?
18. Do I have 100% belief in the industry I am in?
19. Do I have 100% belief in the products or services I represent?
20. Do I have 100% belief in MYSELF??
If you answered “NO” to any of these questions, you know where to start to be 100% fully invested in yourself and your business! Talk to others in your industry to learn how they dealt with the question you are stuck on.
If you are not willing to do every single activity listed, think about WHY NOT…what is holding you back??
HAVE FUN learning about yourself and how you can grow belief in what you are doing!
For more biz tips, quotes, and motivation, join us at…
I LOVE WORKBOOKS!!! Here is a great workbook to set you on a path to success…
Re-take the quiz in a month and see how far you have come! PROGRESS ROCKS!!!
See you next week!