I get frustrated because there is so much I want to do in my lifetime, and try as I might, I can’t seem to find a way to add hours to my 24 hour day. And unfortunately for me, my body needs tons of sleep to function properly, so giving up sleep to get more done is counter-productive for me. Boo!
Since I can’t find extra hours, I have learned a way to make the most of the time I do have, and I have developed a simple monthly process I use to fit in as much as I possibly can. Like anything, it takes practice to get this down, but after a couple months, this will be a quick, easy, painless, and mega beneficial process to help you make the most of the time you have.
Here’s what to do…
- Make a list all the goals or things you want to accomplish for the following month
- For each goal, list all the activities it will take to reach that goal
- Schedule first all the time sensitive activities into your calendar
- Schedule second all the highest priority activities into your calendar
- Fill in the remainder of your calendar with the other activities
- If you have way too many activities and not enough time, go back to your goals and rank them on importance
- Repeat until you can schedule all your activities into your calendar
If you still can’t fit everything in, you need to make some decisions about what is most important to you.
Unfortunately we all only have so much time and typically have way more things we want to add into our lives. Is there something you can take out that you don’t love? That isn’t serving you anymore?
PRACTICE! Like anything this takes practice! It may be months before you can actually get everything you want into your schedule!
Be patient and forgiving. You WILL mess up! It WILL be frustrating! It’s OK! Stick with the process and the results will come!
This is a great time of year to start working on this to make it a habit. I love when we have a new month AND a new year to start working toward creating our life instead of letting our life just “happen”.
Please reach out if you want help with this process. I have helped hundreds of people with this over the years.
We are all in this together! It’s not easy, but it’s worth it! email me!
See you soon!