Typically during the holidays or stressful times or when I’m not training for an ironman, I gain weight. I tend I eat too much and not work out enough. The times where I am successful are short lived and usually I attribute it to relentless planning and discipline. This month I decided to take my planning to the next level for my best chance for success.
I love the app, my fitness pal, and have been using it for the past 3 weeks in a way I hadn’t in the past.
Here is what I have been doing to assure my weight loss/maintenance during stressful times…
1. Put the myfitnesspal app on the bottom row of my phone (dock) so it is always in view when I open my phone so I wouldn’t forget
2. I started utilizing the bar code feature to make my entering food way faster and easier so I would be more likely to use it when I was busy
3. I scheduled time each night before bed to enter the following day’s meals and exercise to make sure they balanced each other out
4. If/when my calories in didn’t balance my calories out, I would make adjustments to the following day’s schedule regarding food and exercise
5. I made this process a high priority for the month of December. In turn, there were only a handful of days where I exceeded my calorie goal. This is the best I have ever done as far as weight loss/maintenance during the month of December. I am excited to repeat this in the months next year when I am traveling, overwhelmed, busy, or anxious. I am slowly becoming better and better at life and am excited to see where I will be a year from now!
Happy New Year!
Stay in touch…
See you soon!