1. I was making eating raw WAY TOO DIFFICULT
2. I was making eating raw WAY TOO EXPENSIVE
3. I was making eating raw WAY TOO CALORIC
So here I am at week 4 and here are my NEW “Raw Monday Rules”…
1. I only make ONE meal from a recipe
2. The other meals/snacks are either fruit, veggies, salad, or nuts
3. I eat primarily whole foods and not store bought raw packaged stuff
4. I look for meals where the MAJORITY of the meal is fruit/veggies
5. I look for meals with lower caloric count (unless it’s dessert I make raw that day of course)
6. If the meal does call for large amounts of nuts, dates, oil, or other calorically dense foods, I use a tad less
Armed with my new rules and lessons I have learned over the past month, I feel confident in my raw journey ahead.
So today I made a DELICIOUS recipe from rawmazing.com…
Curry Carrot Salad
4 cups grated carrots, (approximately 10 medium carrots, grated)
2 cups snow peas, sliced into 1/2-inch long pieces
2 cups diced fresh pineapple
1/2 to 1 cup raisins
1 bunch scallions, sliced thin
1/2 cup cashews, soaked for at least 6 hours and drained
1/2 cup fresh almond milk (you can use water but it won’t be as flavorful)
2 teaspoons sweet yellow curry powder
1/2 teaspoon nama shoyu
1 tablespoon liquid sweetener of choice
Himalayan salt to taste
I also added cilantro to the “salad” and garlic, turmeric, and ginger to the “dressing”
1. Toss carrots, snow peas, pineapple, raisins and scallions together in a large bowl.
2. Place all dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
3. Pour dressing over salad and mix through to coat all pieces.
This salad is seriously AMAZING, the only problem is that is serves 6 and I ate the whole thing. YIKES!!
So now the only RAW MONDAY issue I am having is over-eating. Any suggestions?? I have been posting recipes and pics here…
I would love to get some raw-dvice from any experts out there!!!