I have been working on morning routines for years. I want something that gets a lot of “bang for my buck” and sets me up for successes all day long without having to wake up TOO early. I have been crafting my current routine for the past 2 months. Fine tuning it to see what is effective AND efficient, and I finally came up with one.
I have only been doing the ENTIRE routine for a week, but have been doing bits and pieces for the past 8 weeks so I finally found a way to fit it all in.
I first got interested in developing a morning routine after listening to a talk about “The Artist’s Way” about 4 years ago. Since then I have read and listened to other people’s morning routines, and have tried mimicking several. I even wrote a blog post about my new morning routine a couple years ago, so apparently this is my New new morning routine!
Most of the successful people I want to emulate in my life to become more successful myself have a standard morning routine. It varies from person to person, but always stays consistent with his/her personal goals, priorities, and philosophies. When your goals change, so does your morning routine. But what does stay the same is consistently doing it day after day after day.
So here is my new morning routine…
1. Meditate for 20 minutes: I use the guided meditation app “Headspace”
2. Stay in bed for a couple minutes and think about 10 things I am grateful for while snuggling with Joey (my dog)
3. Oil pull: basically swishing coconut oil around in my mouth for a few minutes…an Ayurvedic practice that improves oral and systemic health
4. While oil pulling, I watch “Darren Daily” video (personal growth)
5. Yoga for 20 minutes: I use the 3 Week Yoga Retreat videos (www.facebook.com/groups/YogaForNewbies)
6. Walk a mile/run a mile with Joey (listen to podcast for personal growth)
7. Make my Shakeology (protein shake) with Amazing Greens and Almond Milk (www.FoodFitnessFinanceFun.com/Shakeology)
8. Drink it while writing for 10 minutes
9. Take a deep breath
10. Have an amazing day!!
It’s still a practice and some days (like today actually) I have to cut some part of it short due to either unforeseen circumstances or I was just moving too slowly (like today).
As long as your morning routine makes you excited to get out of bed and start your day off right, it’s a great one for you! I would LOVE to hear about your morning routine as I know mine is ever changing and I like suggestions!
Hope this is helpful.
Grateful for YOU!
See you soon!